Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Gift buying, Excitement, and More

    Nowadays if someone says Jesus is the reason for the season, most likely you will get some blank stares. But if you say something along the lines of Presents are the reason for the season everyone will be understanding. This is where I like to quote Charlie Brown, "Christmas is too commercial!" 



I mean, who doesn't like all the STUFF you get??? But I try to remember that without the little baby in that stable there wouldn't be any new STUFF. So there you have it.  

The past weekend was thrilling, filled with Christmas parties and cookies and giving gifts and getting gifts and warmed hearts with cold hands and pizza and bunches other grand things. I went to the mall for some Christmas shopping and saw all the little kiddies dressed up to go see Santa Claus, the big man who can get them that bicycle or Barbie Doll or LEGO set. The little ones got it made. The magic is all there for them. Waking up on Christmas morning, seeing St. Nicholas, the cookies and sweets, the toys, the love, the stories, and the love and excitement show on their faces. And although, I am not as much of a little person any more, my goal this holiday season is to find the magic Christmas once held for me and grab on to it. I want this Christmas to be magical, not from all the gifts and cheesy songs, but from friends, family, and all the things that hold a place in my heart. (sorry for the cheesiness :)


At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.  ~Jean Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment